SAUWS Environment aims to provide help, support and ideas within UWS for staff and students through planned events, activities and workshops open to all.
- Bike Maintenance sessions - Over the course of the year we will bring our friends from the Glasgow Bike Station to each campus to facilitate amazing bike maintenance sessions. These sessions are made available for free to all UWS staff and students. Interested? Contact sustainability@SAUWS.org.uk
- Dr Bike - This offers each student and staff member a chance to bring their own trusty bike along for a service, tune up or spot of maintenance from the professionals. Yet again, this is free to all staff and students.
- Cycle Training - These training sessions are tailored for those who are keen to take to the roads on two wheels and reap the benefits of active travel.
- SAUWS Bike Run - We plan to follow up on the success of last year’s SAUWS bike run with more events of a similar nature in the 2015/16 term. Don’t have bike? Not a problem, we will be organising bike hire through the Glasgow Bike Station prior to these events
- Walking Group - Join fellow students and staff on guided walking tours around the area or your campus.
The Sustainability Hub on Paisley Campus will also provide bike maintenance equipment and services for all students and staff. For any more information or potential ideas on active travel, please contact us on email@example.com
Join the UWS Bicycle Users Group here for updates on all cycling activity happening at UWS: http://www.scotbug.com/UWS/
Pages in this section